The Cancer Genomics working group of the Alleanza contro il Cancro national network is seeking a motivated bioinformaticians for positions based at the European Institute of Oncology (IEO) in Milan
ACC genomics is seeking a motivated bioinformatician to coordinate the bioinformatics efforts within the multiple projects. The candidate will be based at the IEO in Milan, where he/she will also interact with one of the largest computational biology communities in Italy
This is an excellent opportunity to conduct cutting-edge bioinformatics in the clinical field and to pioneer the emerging field of clinical bioinformatics.
· BSc. or MSc. in Bioinformatics-related subject (biology, bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics, physics, etc.);
· Programming skills (Python, R, preferable);
· Experience with NGS data analysis;
· Proficiency with Unix/Linux operating system;
· Good English level;
· Attention to details;
· Ability to multitask, work and learn independently, and be self-motivated;
· Ability to work in team and desire to collaborate with other bioinformaticians in the group is essential;
· A strong work ethic and commitment to timely delivery of results.
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or equal experience;
· Experience with genomics data analysis;
· Prior experience working with large-scale datasets using high performance computing environments is desirable.
· Experience with Cancer genomics and bioinformatics related resources (TCGA, ICGC, COSMIC, etc.)
· experience with database construction and maintenance
For further info or to arrange an informal interview, please write to: email@example.com