We take pleasure in informing you that the European Board of Medical Genetics opens the registration process for Clinical Laboratory Geneticists who trained in group 1 countries as of now: https://www.eshg.org/407.0.html
The registration is possible for specialists from:
- Austria: Fachhumangenetiker/Fachhumangenetikerin (ÖGH)
- Belgium: Medical genetic laboratory supervisor
- Czech Republic: Clinical Bioanalytician in Clinical Genetics
- Finland: Clinical Molecular Geneticist
- Germany: Fachhumangenetiker/Fachhumangenetikerin (GfH)
- Hungary: Molecular Genetic Diagnostics (MD)/Molecular Biology Diagnostics (PhD)
- Italy: Genetica Medica
- Lithuania: Medical geneticist (laboratory)
- Macedonia: Clinical Laboratory Genetics
- Netherlands: Clinical Laboratory Geneticist
- Poland: Laboratory Medical Genetics
- Portugal: Técnico Superior de Saúde, ramo de Genética
- Slovenia: Medical Genetic Laboratory Programme
- Sweden: Sjukhusgenetiker/"Hospital geneticist"
- Switzerland: Specialist for genetic laboratory medicine FAMH.
The EBMG stresses that they will be introducing systems for registration of CLGs working in Group 2 or 3 countries within the next year.
We encourage CLGs in Group 1 countries to apply to obtain European recognition. If you think you could be eligible for a CLG title please visit: https://www.eshg.org/407.0.html and https://www.eshg.org/587.0.html for more information.
Applications (using the forms on the website) should be sent by email to Prof Thomas Liehr
and Prof. Isabel Carreira
by October 31, 2014 at the latest.
Please note that as of 2015 the deadline will be September 15 of each year.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions.
With best regards,
Chair, EBMG Clinical Laboratory Geneticists Professional Branch
Jena University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University, Institute of Human Genetics, Kollegiengasse 10, D-07743 Jena, Germany